Monday 22 December 2014

#MicroblogMondays: Free Gifts

I caught a piece on the radio today, it may have been The Ted Radio Hour ( which I'm delighted to hear is soon to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4) about Emotional Correctness. Political Correctness we know and probably love:It gets a bit silly sometimes, I know, but I'm not sorry to see the back of offensive sexist and homophobic jokes, and worse. Emotinal Correctness, I hear, is about making as socially and morally unacceptable, the grotesque online abuse by angry, ignorant people who vent their awfulness on social media in truly horrible ways. I hope it catches on.

In the meantime, let's practice a little Emotional Correctness this Christmas. Doesn't cost anything to be warm amd kind, to lay down prejudice and adopt instead a listening mind and a compassionate heart. Gifts that bless the giver and the receiver in equal measure.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh! This is the first I'm hearing of it, but I love it, too. I hope it catches on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try and track down the source ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it is:

    http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/national-public-radio/npr-ted-radio-hour-podcast/e/just-a-little-nicer-36402063?refid=asi_eml&autoplay=true

    ReplyDelete