Sunday 26 January 2014

The Morning After...

We found out that Sunderland were through to The Cup Final.  

I am an indifferent Football Fan as my regular readership is aware, but even I, at my most cynical, could not fail to ride the roller-coaster with the Family Fanatic as Sunderland, with the help of the Man U goalkeeper, won it all, then lost it all, in the final two minutes of a 120 minute slog. Abject despair turns to absolute incredulity as Sunderland triumphed in the Penalty Shootout - a device that is not generally approved of in this neck of the woods, but which delivered the goods, just this once. 

So Sunderland are going to Wembly, and so I believe is Ray, courtesy of a future son-in-law. 

It being advisable to get the celebrating in before the actual game, for the obvious reason that it may not be appropriate after it, we went out and got drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment